Millions Will Receive Pre-Paid Debit Cards In Place Of Checks
Nearly four million people are being sent their Economic Impact Payment by prepaid debit card, instead of paper checks. The determination of which taxpayers receive a debit card was made by the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, a part of the Treasury Department that works with the IRS to handle distribution of the payments.
When you receive your Economic Impact Payment Cards
- It willarrive in a plain envelope from Money Network Cardholder Services.
- The Visa name will appear on the front of the card
- The back of the card has the name of the issuing bank, MetaBank®, N.
- Read the Cardholder Agreement and Fee Schedule Activate your EIP Card account, set your 4-digit PIN and get your balance by calling 1.800.240.8100
- Sign the back of your EIP Car
- Keep you EIP Card number in a safe place
Those who receive Economic Impact Payment by prepaid debit card can do the following without any fees:
- Transfer Funds to Your Personal Account
- Make purchases online and at any retail location where Visa is accepted
- Get cash from in-network ATMs – $0.00 in-network – ATM Locator
- Check their card balance online, by mobile app, or by phone
- Most services are free but for a list of fees that may be applied please visit Fee Schedule or www.eipcard.com.
Please Note: This free, prepaid card also provides consumer protections available to traditional bank account owners, including protection against fraud, loss, and other errors.
The card will come with instructions on to how to activate and use it. But to learn details on the following and more please visit www.eipcard.com.
· How to use your card with no fees
· Get cash back with a Pin Debit Purchase
· How to buy Gas with the EIP Card
· Using your Card for ATM Withdrawals
· What to do if you lose your card
Share this tip on social media — #IRSTaxTip: Taxpayers should be aware of Coronavirus-related scams. https://go.usa.gov/xw325