- What’s open, what’s closed? How will it affect you?
- Pay delays; More than 420,000 federal employees, including workers from the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Agency, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and other law enforcement and correctional officers, will remain on the job but won’t be paid until the shutdown ends.
- Pay uncertainty; Another 380,000 federal workers will be furloughed, meaning they are off the job. That includes almost all NASA employees and large portions of the Commerce Department, Housing and Urban Development and Forest and National Park Service workers. These workers won’t be paid and it’s not guaranteed they will recoup the lost money, though Congress has generally approved back pay in their appropriations bill.
- What’s closed; National Parks, SBA, Farm and Agriculture
- The Internal Revenue Service has furloughed most of its customer service support staff.
- What will continue;
Social Security checks, and Medicare and Medicaid will not be interrupted during the shutdown but there could be delays in processing. The U.S. military will be on the job and paid at its normal time. Mail delivery through the U.S. Postal Service will continue uninterrupted
Let us know your thoughts on this matter!!!!!
“FIRST CLASS SOLUTION SUITE”
CONTACT RTW TODAY FOR ALL YOUR TAX AND BUSINESS NEEDS DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONALLY. DON’T WAIT, CALL OR EMAIL NOW.