IRS Issues Answers to FAQ About 2021 Child Tax Credit (2/3)

Q: How do I respond to a notice saying that the IRS changed the CTC amount on my return?

A: If you agree with the change made, you do not need to respond at all. However, if you believe the IRS made a mistake, you can call the number shown on the letter you received. Remember, you have the right to appeal any IRS decision.