The first step toward completing an accurate return and claiming every deduction and credit that you are entitled to is assembling critical records and documents. These include:
– Earnings statements like W-2s, 1099s and/or 1098s
– Social Security or other taxpayer ID numbers for all people listed on your return
– Any IRS letters you received in 2022 about deduction or credit amounts, adjustments made to your past tax returns, etc.
– Form 1095-A (Health Insurance Marketplace Statement), if you claim the Affordable Care Act Premium Tax Credit
– Form 1098-T (Tuition Statement), if you claim education expense credits or deductions
In addition, having your bank account and routing numbers handy will enable you to request your refund by direct deposit. Our tax professionals at RTW Xxact Enterprises can help you file your return electronically and set up direct deposit for the fastest possible processing. Contact us today Buz@rtwxxact.com.