Not Required to File, But Want Your Stimulus? You Must File a Tax Form Called An EIP
Most people will not have to take any action to receive their Stimulus Check. Their checks will be distributed automatically.
However, those individuals who have not been required to do a tax return in the last 2 years will need to file an (EIP) Economic Impact Payment Return to receive the stimulus check. The EIP return ensures that IRS has something on record to identify individuals who have not been required to file tax returns in the last 2 years.
The following demographics defines those that may have fallen into the “Not Required To File Category” during the last 2 years:
- Retirees who are not receiving (SSB) Social Security Benefits – If you are receiving SSB – no action is required. Your check will be sent out automatically.
- Those receiving Non- taxable Disability and/ or Medical payments, i.e.
- Independent College Students (Parents do not claim them)
- Must have a valid SSN
- if Married, one Spouse must have a SSN and as long as the other Spouse has a ITIN and in the military, they will be eligible
- Allowed a Dependent payment ($500) but only eligible if dependent under 17 with valid SSN
- Can have zero income
How do you file for the EIP?
(855) 205 -8486