Summer Income Tax Reminder – Did You Know? (1/2)

Students and other young people who earn summer income, including gig economy and other self-employment income, should prepare now for potential federal tax obligations.

In particular, minors and young adults with self-employment earnings (including gig economy income) of at least $400 must file a federal tax return and may owe self-employment tax in addition to federal income tax.