- Unscrupulous Tax Preparer looking to make a fast buck from honest people
- Fraudulent Preparer will put fake business on returns at a loss to yield a high tax refund
- Fraudulent Preparer will put deductions (most common unreimbursed employee expenses) on return to reduce tax liability or yield tax refund
- Fraudulent Preparer will NOT sign the return and in some cases will not provide taxpayer with a copy
- Fraudulent Preparer will NOT return your call if you receive an IRS, State or Local letter
What you should look for in a Reputable Tax Return Preparer:
- Check to see if Preparer is listed on IRS Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers with Credentials https://irs.treasury.gov/rpo/rpo.jsf
- CPAs, Attorneys and Enrolled Agents can represent any client before the IRS in any situation. Other preparers cannot!
- Check with the BBB – there are many preparers who have been barred and charged but who continues to prepare returns
- Make sure the preparer signs the return and includes their PTIN number and EFIN number (for efile).
Note: Due to Fraud specifically with Schedule C, Earned Income Tax Credit and Unreimbursed Employee Expenses has resulted in increased audits. If you have received higher refunds or lower tax bill under these circumstances – be careful – it’s simply a HIGH INTEREST LOAN!!!
“FIRST CLASS SOLUTION SUITE”
CONTACT RTW TODAY FOR ALL YOUR TAX AND BUSINESS NEEDS DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONALLY. 2017 TAX REFUNDS ARE AVERAGING A 2 WEEK TURNAROUND. DON’T WAIT, CALL OR EMAIL NOW 216-533-6586 or email@example.com